YOU BELONG HERE.
St. Andrew’s-Sewanee School seeks an Advancement Services Coordinator. The Coordinator is responsible for executing the multi-layered functional operations of the Advancement Department integral to achieving the School’s funding priorities and goals. Reporting to the Director of Advancement, and in partnership with Advancement and Business Office staff, the Advancement Services Coordinator is committed to the highest standards in gifts and database management, solicitation and stewardship, donor relations, and customer service.
Successful candidates for employment will have a demonstrated commitment to diversity, inclusion, and multicultural competence.
ABOUT ST. ANDREW’S-SEWANEE SCHOOL
Named one of the eight most beautiful high schools in the South by Southern Living magazine, St. Andrew’s-Sewanee School (www.sasweb.org) is a private, co-educational, Episcopal, day and boarding college-preparatory school serving 240 students in grades 6-12. Established in 1868, the school welcomes students from around the country and around the world. Our faculty and staff appreciate abundant outdoor adventure, access to the cultural opportunities of the nearby University of the South, and the joy of cultivating close relationships in a small community.
POSITION: Advancement Services Coordinator
Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Holds primary responsibility for gift/pledge entry.
- Manages monthly gift/pledge processing details, such as recurring gifts.
- Maintains files on and monitors matching gifts to ensure greatest impact.
- Reconciles activity with the Business Office.
- Prepares and distributes monthly/annual gift receipts and coordinates the appropriate stewardship letters.
- Prepares Honor/Memorial acknowledgments as appropriate.
- Produces monthly, quarterly, and end-of-year reports.
- Prepares and submits annual reports to industry-related organizations (i.e., NAIS, CASE/VSE) for institutional benchmarking purposes.
- Holds primary responsibility for data entry and updates related to constituent record-keeping.
- Monitors and manages the flow of constituent records into Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge from other departments’ platforms (i.e., Admissions) to ensure accurate transfer of information.
Solicitation, Stewardship, Donor Relations
- Supports the Advancement Department and others with routine reports, queries, and exports.
- Provides administrative support for solicitation appeals and stewardship efforts.
- Prepares lists for internal/external mailings with a careful eye to the final file.
- Prepares internal mailings as needed.
- Provides support for producing the annual Honor Roll of Donors.
- Receives incoming calls from donors and contacts donors as needed to confirm details.
- Maintains Advancement files for the School’s annual audit.
- Maintains School’s postal permit as it relates to Advancement.
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Director of Advancement or Head of School.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree; 3-5 years working experience, preferably in data/systems management, client services, and/or in an education environment.
- Excellent project management skills, including keen attention to detail and ability to handle multiple deadlines, projects, changes in priorities and schedules.
- Proficiency in relevant software applications (i.e., Raiser’s Edge, Microsoft Office)
- Exceptional commitment to confidentiality and legal and ethical standards
- Ability to work well with individuals and in a team setting.
- Schedule flexibility with limited evening and/or weekend hours
- Commitment to St. Andrew’s-Sewanee’s mission and vision and comfort with the tenets of the Episcopal Church.
- A philosophical alignment with our core values and curriculum.
- A willingness to fully participate in a boarding school environment.
This is a full-time, 12-month, non-exempt position. Benefits include a tuition remission plan, health and dental insurance, worker’s compensation, short-term and long-term disability, group life insurance, defined contribution retirement plan, and eligibility for grants for professional enrichment and continuing education.
Applications should be directed to the Advancement Services Coordinator Search Committee. Please include a letter of introduction, a résumé, a teaching statement, and at least two professional references. In addition to fulfilling application requirements as stated in this position posting, all applicants must complete an Employment Application. We will begin reviewing applications immediately and will close applications when the position is filled.
Direct applications and inquiries to:
Advancement Services Coordinator Search