Oak Hill School is a preK-6th coeducational, non-denominational independent school in Nashville, Tennessee. Oak Hill School provides a strong, child-centered academic program in a nurturing, Christian environment. Oak Hill School is committed to the intellectual, social, and spiritual growth of each of its students.
Mission: The excellent reputation of Oak Hill School is maintained through sound decision-making guided by its mission to build character and integrity in a Christian environment for a lifetime of learning and service.
The Oak Hill School seeks a full time drama teacher to work with students in grades PreK - 6 beginning July 2021. This faculty member will join a nurturing, Christian community committed to the School’s mission and vision for building a diverse and inclusive environment where all children learn, grow, and thrive.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Demonstrate a love of working with children.
- Demonstrate an enthusiasm for relationship building with students and colleagues
- A commitment to student centered learning and a solid understanding of pedagogical approaches aimed at deep and differentiated learning
- Knowledgeable about the skills for public speaking, dramatic and musical performances, and creative expression
- Provide and supervise opportunities for students to demonstrate individually and in large groups the skills and talents developed through the program.
- Work with other educators to integrate the performing arts throughout the educational program.
- Partners with other educators to prepare students for public speaking opportunities at OHS: flag, sixth grade virtue speech, chapel, Advent and Lent services, class or grade level presentations
- Direct the upper school students in a dramatic or musical performance
- An ability to work collaboratively with other teachers to develop in each student an interest in and the ability for creative expression.
- Utilizes the repertoire of all types of performance styles that are appropriate for the age of the student
- Understands the process of dramatic expression is equal to the product
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education (required)
- Master’s Degree in Education or Performing Arts
- Prior teaching experiences with children ages 5 - 12 (preferred)
- Ideal candidates are creative individuals who are not only experienced actors, but know the lighting, costuming, music and production requirements for putting on a play