Oak Hill School is a preK-6th coeducational, non-denominational independent school in Nashville, Tennessee. Oak Hill School provides a strong, child-centered academic program in a nurturing, Christian environment. Oak Hill School is committed to the intellectual, social, and spiritual growth of each of its students.
Mission: The excellent reputation of Oak Hill School is maintained through sound decision-making guided by its mission to build character and integrity in a Christian environment for a lifetime of learning and service.
The Oak Hill School seeks a creative and collaborative Spanish teacher for prekindergarten through sixth-grade student for the 2021-2022 school year.
- Ignite a love of language in our students for enjoyment, enrichment, and advancement.
- Help students understand the language, so that they are able to communicate orally and have an aural comprehension
- Work collaboratively with the PreK - 1 Spanish teacher to plan and implement the full Spanish curriculum, grades preK-6. Oak Hill School re-introduced its Spanish curriculum in 2020-2021. The curriculum is still in development as the students progress through the grades.
- Exhibit knowledge and skills essential to effectively teach the varying developmental levels of the preK-6th grade student
- Develop engaging units and lessons that meet the ACTFL (American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Language) standards and use a variety of instructional methods and resources
- Provide instruction in the culture of the countries where Spanish is spoken to develop an understanding of and appreciation for the culture
- Provide differentiated instruction to meet individual needs of students
- Expand our students’ knowledge and appreciation of global cultures
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Spanish, OR if native speaker, a Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Education
- Spanish teaching experience at the K-6 level is preferred, but not required to apply
Interested and qualified candidates should apply online at www.oakhillschool.org.