The mission of Harpeth Hall is to educate young women to think critically, to lead confidently, and to live honorably. To fully realize that mission, Harpeth Hall is committed to creating an environment in which every member of its community feels seen, heard and valued. Bringing an authentic commitment to cultural competence is essential for all successful candidates.
Harpeth Hall seeks an innovative, dynamic, and collaborative educator and leader as its Director of Performing Arts. The Director will oversee all areas of the performing arts during the school day and after school. The program includes theatre, chorus, orchestra, dance and technical theatre. The Director will report to the Division Directors and will collaborate closely with the Director of Advancement, Director of Admission and Financial Aid, and Director of Marketing and Communications.
Qualities and Qualifications:
- Knowledge of each area of performing arts and demonstrated success in the field.
- Education commensurate with work in middle and upper school education; master’s degree preferred.
- Passion for choral music, orchestral music, dance, theatre, and technical theatre and a vision for implementation in an educational setting.
- Appreciation of independent school culture and all-girls education.
- Teach classes in the Performing Arts Department.
- Articulate a vision for the Performing Arts at Harpeth Hall and collaborate with Performing Arts faculty to bring that vision to fruition.
- Amplify and extend opportunities for students, while also identifying new best practices.
- Collaborate with the Director of Marketing and Communications to promote the Performing Arts internally and externally for the school.
- Develop and support long and short-range plans and programs that result in a thriving performing arts program.
- Alongside the Head of School and Division Directors, oversee the hiring of all Performing Arts Department members.
- Lead and supervise the team of performing arts teachers and technical director.
- Serve as Chair of the Performing Arts Department in Academic Council meetings.
- Partner with the Head of School, Division Directors, and Advancement Director to bring visiting performing artists and programs to campus.
- Collaborate with school leadership to maintain the Performing Arts calendar, oversee space use, and all logistics related to the Performing Arts.
- Partner with the Head of School, Director of Finance and Operations, and Director of Advancement on all long range Performing Arts facilities planning and improvements.
- Engage in professional development opportunities for each area of Performing Arts, and promote continuous growth and development among all department members.
- Oversee and manage the budget for the Performing Arts Department.