The mission of Harpeth Hall is to educate girls and young women to think critically, to lead confidently, and to live honorably. To fully realize that mission, Harpeth Hall is committed to creating an environment in which every member of its community feels seen, heard, and valued. Modeling an authentic commitment to cultural competence is essential for all successful candidates.
Harpeth Hall seeks an innovative, dynamic, creative, and collaborative educator and leader as its next choral music teacher. This teacher will promote and implement best practices in choral music education for all grades, 5-12. The lead choral teacher will collaborate with all areas of performing arts and will report to the Director of Performing Arts. The choral music teacher will support and promote a strong music program within the context of a robust academic and performing arts program.
Qualities and Qualifications:
- Knowledge of a wide variety of music, including a foundation in classical training, and extensive experience with leading and conducting female choral students.
- Education commensurate with work in middle and upper school education; master’s degree preferred.
- Passion for building and supporting a strong choral program and presence within the performing arts program.
- Appreciation of independent school culture and all-girls education.
- Teach Chorus classes in both the middle and upper schools.
- Partner with the Orchestra teacher, Director of Performing Arts, and Division Directors to design and implement the curriculum for the 5-12 music program as well as special events, concerts, and assemblies.
- Schedule all choral music programming in collaboration with the Director of Performing Arts and the Orchestra Director.
- Collaborate with the Director of Performing Arts to promote the choral music program internally and externally for the school.
- Amplify and expand opportunities for students, while identifying new best practices.
- Partner with the Theatre Director to assist with the musical productions in the middle and upper school.
- Collaborate with the Director of Advancement and Director of Admission and Financial Aid regarding special events and programming.